woodworking plans

Woodworks by Travis Has Moved!

Woodworks by Travis has moved to a new home! I have moved my gallery of scroll sawn work to Scroll Saw Village, an online community for scroll saw enthusiasts! We offer forums, private messaging, user galleries and a free pattern library!

You can find my work here. Please join our growing community at http://www.scrollsawvillage.com. Hope to see you there!

Happy Scrolling!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Horse Puzzle

This is my first attempt at a puzzle. Made from 3/4" Oak. I got the design from the MSN group Absolutely Free Scroll Saw Patterns and was designed by user JayP.

I don't thing the keys were as big as they should be. The pieces have a lot of play. I used a thin blade. I suppose I should have used something more aggressive, as I tended to bend the blade a bit. The tail section isn't square. I think I was flexing the blade too much. I also should have sanded the wood before scrolling. It would have made it look nicer. I still need to work on smoothing out my cuts. They're a bit haphazard right now. But this is only my 3rd try with the scroll saw. I just need more practice.

No comments: